livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] Drought preparation

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: Gloria Baikauskas <gcb49@flash.net>
  • To: Healthy soil and sustainable growing <livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] Drought preparation
  • Date: Sat, 11 Nov 2006 21:47:23 -0800 (PST)

The only thing I can tell you is from all of my reading on research into this both in the early 20th century and more recently in this one....the more organic matter you have on and in your soil the less water it needs.

Try reading Albrecht's essay on this at http://www.soilandhealth.org   He was a professor at U of Missouri.....ag professor.  I wish I had known more about him when I went there.  Of course now I wish I had been an ag major myself.  Of course, in the 1960s it was probably all chemical information.  <sigh>  I am aging myself by saying when I went there, eh!

Gloria, Texas.....where we also had that drought