livingontheland - [Livingontheland] More help with quote?

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: Harvey Ussery <huboxwood@earthlink.net>
  • To: livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Livingontheland] More help with quote?
  • Date: Sun, 12 Nov 2006 11:38:12 -0500

As said in an earlier post, am writing an article on soil building/care for Mother Earth News. There's something I read somewhere to the effect that, with reference to mineral content of soils, there is enough for "one hundred thousand years of agriculture"--the challenge is bringing it up from the depths thru use of deep-rooted fertility and cover plants like comfrey and alfalfa. Has anybody seen that statement? I thought it was in EDIBLE FOREST GARDENS, but I have scoured my copy and have not found it. Googling has also not helped. Would greatly appreciate being pointed to that quote if anyone knows it. Thanks.

~Harvey

--
Harvey in northern Va
www.themodernhomestead.us

  • [Livingontheland] More help with quote?, Harvey Ussery, 11/12/2006