livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] Drought Farming Example

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: "TradingPostPaul" <tradingpost@riseup.net>
  • To: activism98201@verizon.net, livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] Drought Farming Example
  • Date: Wed, 11 Oct 2006 19:20:13 -0600

Ah yes, more readily doable projects. Like getting a productive garden
going right away on a shoestring? Considering what's going on in politics,
the economy & environment, what could be more useful to so many? As it
happens, that's what I'm doing right now. And without power equipment. Been
building soil in new beds off and on for the last three months. A 50 ft
greenhouse will go over the last six beds in February. Still have to get
garlic and sunchokes in other beds before a hard freeze. Walking onions and
comfrey is in now. We'll see.