livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] Pastoral ideals are getting trampled as organic food goes mass market

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: Carrie Shepard <carrieshepard@yahoo.com>
  • To: Healthy soil and sustainable growing <livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] Pastoral ideals are getting trampled as organic food goes mass market
  • Date: Sun, 8 Oct 2006 07:15:35 -0700 (PDT)

OK,  I can't read this whole article, instead I'm getting OFF the computer, I'm going to enjoy the rest of this cup of organic coffee and my knitting and my precious family.

Then I'll go praise the Lord as I milk my goats.  And then I will attempt to get another variety of the 8 heirloom garlics in the garden.

Some of the peppers that I thought were not going to make it at all are now loaded with peppers and same thing with some of the tomatoes.  As soon as the temps dropped, they set fruit, and yet there isn't time for them to really ripen.  I'm thinking i may make some green tomato relish out of them.

Planting some chinese cabbage is also on my to-do list.

planning to make the most of this day,
Carrie

Do you Yahoo!?