livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] WWOOF'ing

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: pete <pete.rout@virgin.net>
  • To: Healthy soil and sustainable growing <livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] WWOOF'ing
  • Date: Mon, 02 Oct 2006 14:58:29 +0100

This was started years ago as working weekend on organic farms. I think it was the seventies.
Pete

I have just this weekend become aware of an organization called WWOOF -
World-Wide Opportunities on Organic Farms. Farmers or individuals who need
help for a few days or a few weeks provide room and board only for
individuals who want experience on a farm. So people in the city can take a
holiday and learn something about organic farming, hands-on, and the farmers
get a little "free" labor. It is all over the world. Their website is:

http://www.wwoof.org/home.asp

Has anyone else heard of this?

Gwen