livingontheland - [Livingontheland] jerusalem artichokes

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: Dianne Palmer-Quay <R_DQuay@compuserve.com>
  • To: "INTERNET:livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org" <livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Livingontheland] jerusalem artichokes
  • Date: Wed, 20 Sep 2006 17:54:25 -0400

Paul wrote: But the rabbits got the sprouts last year so besides preparing
some ground I'll have to put up some
chicken wire around the plot.

The deer like them too.

Dianne in SC

P.S. Harvey, I have the same problem with Harlequin bugs. I can get some
early plantings to produce, but forget about any later in the season. I'll
post anything I can find about dealing with them since they have become a
priority with me too. Also, we are trying a small maggot bucket with offal
from the last batch of freezer chickens.