livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] what we're doing

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: "elderberryjam" <elderberryjam@zippytech.com>
  • To: <livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] what we're doing
  • Date: Fri, 1 Sep 2006 12:35:18 -0400

Claudia! Here I thought you were a peaceful solutions person. (I'm chuckling). After reading a couple of Michener's books, I wondered then what I'd do if someone showed up with a gun. The dilrmma brings to mind the movie, "Witness." The violence in that movie didn't go over well with some Mennonites I know. The best scenario would be to educate now to try and divert as much violence as possible later. Like in "Friendly Persuasion," and perhaps a few untold stories of the Revolutionary and Civil wars, and likely the more modern wars as well. If people know you are willing to share knowledge and are rational enough to see sense in maintaing long-term food supplies, I think most would do what they needed to rather than taking to guns.

Gwen