livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] Jerusalem Artichokes

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: firekeeper@netscape.net
  • To: livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] Jerusalem Artichokes
  • Date: Sat, 02 Sep 2006 14:00:11 -0400

<<Question, has anyone found a trick for overcoming their ...um... digestive distress causing properties?>>

It is either A or B

A) that's called fiber and the solution is to eat a lot more until your family is once (or more) a day regular, Other good sources for fiber are whole grains, esp wheat and oat, carrots, beans.  Get at least 5 to 9 servings of fruits and veggies a day and it will all go away. ;) if ya know what I mean.  If this sounds stupid, you don't want to know what I just went through with my SO and step-kids.

B) Your bodies are somewhat unaccustomed to digesting them and it may go away, but it may indicate a real difficulty in digesting them.  Some people are just food-intolerant, usually to foods that were not regional to their ancestry which seems a good possibility with this.  Thistle family is most everywhere tho and is a very edible genra, related to lettuce.

If it is the whole family then it probably isn't an allergy.  My family is allergic to everything but I have yet too come across any one allergy that a whole family shares, much less my whole family.  But if it isn't a or b there is always c.

Yours, Pego