livingontheland - [Livingontheland] Seed starting medium (was: No-till manure application)

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: Harvey Ussery <huboxwood@earthlink.net>
  • To: livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Livingontheland] Seed starting medium (was: No-till manure application)
  • Date: Sun, 03 Sep 2006 12:39:44 +0000

We also use carefully aged (well aged) compost as a seed starting medium.
~Laura

Straight?

That's something I'm trying to formulate: a seed starting medium that doesn't require any purchased materials. I can do compost, and I have a big vermicomposting operation.

Are there others who have come up with a completely home-made seed starting medium that works well for them? Share your recipe?

~Harvey

--
Harvey in northern Va
www.themodernhomestead.us

"How we eat determines, to a considerable extent, how the world is used." ~Wendell Berry