livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] Seed starting medium (was: No-till manure application)

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: "TradingPostPaul" <tradingpost@riseup.net>
  • To: livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] Seed starting medium (was: No-till manure application)
  • Date: Sun, 03 Sep 2006 12:00:58 -0600

Sure, I have. I assume we're talking about finished compost with the usual
soil component. Holds moisture, drains well, and furnishes slow release
nutrients naturally. Works for me. I don't do your vermicomposting but I
have tried bought vermicompost in the mix and never had a disease or
damping off problem yet.