livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] what we're doing

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: "Norma Sutton" <sweetspringfarm@gmail.com>
  • To: "Healthy soil and sustainable growing" <livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] what we're doing
  • Date: Wed, 30 Aug 2006 14:39:09 -0400

Amen Paul!
I still live on the family farm. I can only do so much towards
building the land back to were it was when my Dad was alive. I have 2
brothers. The older is a horse person, the younger is just begining
to get interested in farming and has really taken a liking to my
sheep. He is very anilitical in his methods, and very bull headed in
how he thinks things should be done, which is fine because at least he
is trying. I haven't been able to get him onboard with the no til
garden or using manure only for fertilizer, but he is noticing the big
difference in the spots the sheep and goats have been. I'm moving to
my own place in 4 years an I think by then I will have him convienced
LOL.
Norma