livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] unusual seed sources

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: "TradingPostPaul" <tradingpost@riseup.net>
  • To: "Claudia & Linda" <dragonhill2@netzero.net>, livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] unusual seed sources
  • Date: Mon, 28 Aug 2006 11:49:22 -0600

Again I say the ultimate answer is grow your own. If you don't brag on
where you got your seeds, it's either difficult or highly impractical for
agencies or snitches to find out whether you planted your own seeds or
someone else's. As for releasing diseases into crops, my money is on
heirlooms that still have a lot of natural resistance, and healthy soil
that gives crops more disease and pest resistance. Research seems to
support this, and to throw in a bit of anecdotal trivia, my Costoluto
Genovese tomatoes produced extremely well though some got watered from
above without any staking, sprawling, damp, and tangled. Lost some tomatoes
but no sign of disease. But then no chemicals were used to speed up weak
growth either.

paul tradingpost@lobo.net

Beware of all enterprises that require permits.
-- me