livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] unusual seed sources

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: "Claudia & Linda" <dragonhill2@netzero.net>
  • To: "Healthy soil and sustainable growing" <livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] unusual seed sources
  • Date: Mon, 28 Aug 2006 09:59:28 -0500

Anyone care to make a wager that the next attack on the independent small
farmer will come in some form of law against saving seeds? It's already
illegal to save many seeds, of course. But I'm talking about a push to make
it illegal to save any seeds. The excuse will be terrorists somehow
contaminating our seed sources, disease being released into our crops so
we'll have to be "saved" from ourselves by confiscating all our heritage
saved seeds, burning any crops that aren't from sanctioned seed company
seeds. If NAIS succeeds you can bet they'll finish nailing down the coffin
lid by going after crops next.

Claudia