livingontheland - [Livingontheland] toxins effect on premature labor, walk in the front door!

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: Zachary Domikez <zdomike@yahoo.com>
  • To: livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Livingontheland] toxins effect on premature labor, walk in the front door!
  • Date: Wed, 23 Aug 2006 17:29:23 -0700 (PDT)

toxins effect on premature labor
To: <livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org>

As a proponent of using alternative materials (read
Old Tires) in Gardening, I have investigated the
question you ask 'instead of just dumping it in the
trash. '

As it turns out, there is good reason to trash lots of
stuff that walks in on your shoes. Heavy metals are
on all the lists of 'The Most Dangerous to Human
Nervous Systems,' and these are on the streets and
sidewalks wherever car tires have run! Lead, Cadmium
and Zinc are the major Bad Actors, and damage occurs
starting in PPB! What does "Tire Wear" mean, and how
can it be controlled - now that you know the heavy
metals involved, this is a scary question ! !! !!!

Bacteria are not damaging your infant in the long-term
the way heavy metals insiduously buildup in the nerves
and brain. So as long as you do not feed your goats
with roughage from the freeway right-of-way, you can
let your infants snuggle up to them in the barn.

Zack
see -
http://www.fairfaxcounty.gov/nvswcd/newsletter/heavymetal.htm

YOU WROTE:
a bit too fanatical with my "dust bin" idea, a
separate place to store the sweepings from the
floor--all the dirt, hay and organic matter we track
in, plus a liberal helping of dog and cat hair -- for
carrying out to the compost pile, instead of just
dumping it in the trash. But that dirt and organic
matter is OURS!
Why should it go to a landfill?

Claudia