livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] "Small Farm Extermination"

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: "Norma Sutton" <sweetspringfarm@gmail.com>
  • To: "Healthy soil and sustainable growing" <livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] "Small Farm Extermination"
  • Date: Tue, 8 Aug 2006 08:10:08 -0400

HI Paul,
No we aren't all in stuck in the agribuiness mindset.  I raise fiber animals - sheep and goats and garden.  My garden looks great because I run my sheep/goats on the plot for part of the year.  I actually found around 10 praying mantis eggs on that spot this year too.  Fortunately my Father was into organics before it was every called that.  This piece of properity has had very little chemicals used on it in the 70 odd years our family has lived here and before that it was a family homestead.
Norma