livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] "Small Farm Extermination"

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: Carrie Shepard <carrieshepard@yahoo.com>
  • To: Healthy soil and sustainable growing <livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] "Small Farm Extermination"
  • Date: Tue, 8 Aug 2006 04:34:45 -0700 (PDT)

Paul,

I really am NOT an intellectual, but isn't there the chance that there's a big con going on with our perceptions?  I'm thinking of the hegelian dialectic being perpetrated in this arena as well as the other areas of life where the two sides are pitted against eachother by the media and laws and big brother has yet another change to sell everyone making them think they chose the change all along.  Most often, the two sides are presented as if there never were any other sides.

Still hoping it CAN be done as we're looking for a larger property and getting away from a mortgage.  We hope to do more organic no till farming, run triple purpose sheep, continue producing good quality raw goat milk, and keep learning to be better stewards of the land.

We brought in the pumpkin crop yesterday and my fall grain seeds are here.  I am planning to plant a hulless barley and some rye along with some other fall veggie crops.

Carrie
www.xanga.com/firstfarmerinstitute