livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] Maggots for poultry feed

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: "Greg and April" <gregandapril@earthlink.net>
  • To: "Claudia & Linda" <dragonhill2@netzero.net>, "Healthy soil and sustainable growing" <livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] Maggots for poultry feed
  • Date: Wed, 26 Jul 2006 10:33:47 -0600

Ahhhh.....

Claudia,

I know this is going to sound incredibly stupid, but, if you have grain, why go to the trouble, of breeding maggots on it, to feed to poultry?

Why not just use it as scratch feed, or plant it, and feet the young greens to them instead?

And ...

Harvey,

Here is another stupid one.

Why not just let the chickens pick the meat from the bones? Cut up the dead animals into daily portions, freeze what you don't need, and each day pull out a piece and as it thaws the chickens will eat it? I don't do it this way ( as I don't have poultry yet ), but, I have some relatives that do it that way.

Greg H.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Claudia & Linda" <dragonhill2@netzero.net>