livingontheland - [Livingontheland] Appropriate Technology for Americans

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: Nancy Babbitt <nbabbitt2003@adelphia.net>
  • To: Healthy soil and sustainable growing <livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Livingontheland] Appropriate Technology for Americans
  • Date: Sat, 22 Jul 2006 08:07:12 -0400

Ken,

Thanks for this information.  I am forwarding it to my husband.  You have included many links to keep us busy for a while!

I'd like to say that you mention PVC hoophouses, but I have found the plans, spent good $$$ on building to only discover that the PVC reacts with the Visqueen plastic and causes it to tear.  I suggest that you change the plans to use something other than PVC pipes.  Maybe metal conduit tubing could be better.

Nancy