livingontheland - [Livingontheland] How to determine viability of lime?

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: Mark Nagel <activism98201@verizon.net>
  • To: livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Livingontheland] How to determine viability of lime?
  • Date: Thu, 13 Jul 2006 13:01:47 -0500 (CDT)

I've been planning on relocating and discovered that the general area that
I'm interested in has lime deposits. Being that this is a northern lattitude
I'm figuring that having access to lime would be good.

I've run across some information, but it's based on construction rather than
agricultural use. It talks about limestone being in marble and about there
being various levels of carbonate of magnesia (upwards of 20%).

In lime, what is and what isn't viable for agricultural use? And, are there
any concerns about carbonate of magnesia?

-Mark Nagel
Everett, WA

  • [Livingontheland] How to determine viability of lime?, Mark Nagel, 07/13/2006