livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] No-till info

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: "Activism98201" <activism98201@verizon.net>
  • To: "'Healthy soil and sustainable growing'" <livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] No-till info
  • Date: Fri, 07 Jul 2006 20:13:43 -0700

But... Ken had written:

"I tell people to use organic, no-till for gardening and farming and that the
farmer does not have to buy anything from anybody."

Feed and seed stores generally don't do barter, in which case they violate
Ken's
statement that one can get by without buying anything (for organic operations)
:-(

I'm wanting to know how people would manage self-sufficiency with green
manures,
whether harvest seed from such crops would/can be practical.

-Mark Nagel
Everett, WA