livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] speaking of soil tests...

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: "TradingPostPaul" <tradingpost@riseup.net>
  • To: livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] speaking of soil tests...
  • Date: Sun, 25 Jun 2006 09:57:47 -0600

Brix is intriguing but, to me, a complicated concept. True, the
refractometer is simple and inexpensive, but what Brix indicates still
confuses me. In general I believe high brix is a sign of denser nutritional
value in produce. And grocery produce is supposed to be lower brix than
organically grown, esp certain heirlooms. We knew something was wrong with
tasteless veggies. More info on this is welcome. Actually, needed.

paul, tradingpost@riseup.net