livingontheland - [Livingontheland] it's illegal to capture water

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: Ken Hargesheimer <minifarms2@yahoo.com>
  • To: livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Livingontheland] it's illegal to capture water
  • Date: Wed, 21 Jun 2006 10:02:06 -0700 (PDT)

C. Fenner stated:  "it's illegal to capture water on your property. "

In TX the water that falls on your property is yours and the water underground is yours.  I have never heard of the above. How many "water police" do they have?  Here is where I would draw the line; capture the water and use it!

The water table under Lubbock is only 35 feet due to the irrigation of lawns over the decades.  I am thinking about hand digging  me a well.  I know a man who hand dug a 50 ft. one.  Last month my water bill was $105 but that is not the whole story.  As the water bill goes up, the sewer bill goes up as if I am putting the water down the sewer.

Does anyone have any experience hand digging a well.

Ken Hargesheimer

Go to: http://bibledvd.googlepages.com/home and www.nabuur.com

Do you Yahoo!?