livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] it's illegal to capture water

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: "D Knoll" <homeschool@iontreasures.com>
  • To: "Healthy soil and sustainable growing" <livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] it's illegal to capture water
  • Date: Wed, 21 Jun 2006 15:55:22 -0400

I never heard of this either, until recently when someone posted something about it being federal law in Colorado that you could not capture water, and could only reuse bathwater twice, so after looking a bit on my own, I found it was not federal, but a state mandate, and was very surprised.  I don't know what other states are subject to this, but it seems to be more standard in dry areas.

Although I did hear the other day that this, which was once just a domain of the western states, is now heading to the east as bottled water puts the squeeze on the supplies.

Diane
Zone 9A, a few miles east of the Gulf of Mexico