livingontheland - [Livingontheland] protein

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: "norm cooper" <grapegro@aapt.net.au>
  • To: <livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Livingontheland] protein
  • Date: Tue, 20 Jun 2006 05:32:53 +1000

Hello Mark and group,
                               A good reference of my comments is www.acresusa.com/toolbox/reprints/brunetti_protein.pdf.
Also Dr Arden Andersen makes many references along this line.I believe the term "protein" is very loosely used, I think it comes from scientists recording needs.Many studies have shown that synthetic products fall short in perfomance compared with natural products, such as some vitamins. I am sure that protein is in this catergory. The common approach is to assess protein by multiplying the found nitrogen by 6.25 and the result is protein. A sample of cloudy ammonia contains 3% nitrogen, and labs multiply this by 6.25 to get that protein figure. I am sure no one can say that there is any protein in cloudy ammonia.True protein is achieved by long chains of amino acids plus a host of other elements to form true protein.
                        Common form of nitrogen is urea, which produces much growth but attracts insect attack. This is because the protein produced is not a true protein. I have in the field, produced true protein in grass using quality fertilisers, which does not attract insect attack. In fact one can see the insects about but not damaging plant growth.
          If my assumptions are correct to now, I ponder on the common use of the term"protein" and wonder where our health is heading. As all living things rely on what the soil produces. this is a vital factor in the future of all living creatures. I hope this helps a lot of people to understand the importance of"protein".
                  Regards, Norm Cooper

It has removed 405 spam emails to date.
Try SPAMfighter for free now!