livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] composted yard service grass clippings

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: "John Smith" <mikakigr@gmail.com>
  • To: "Healthy soil and sustainable growing" <livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] composted yard service grass clippings
  • Date: Thu, 8 Jun 2006 16:55:23 +0300

I would have thought common sense tells you that wherever you spread something and all the plants die that it is poisonous. Grass on its own would not be poisonous but using lateral thinking - grass - fertiliser - herbicide - you don't have to be Sherlock Holmes, my dear Watson!

On 6/8/06, Greg Bell <gregbell@znet.com> wrote:
> The diagnosis was herbicide burn.

Hi Kate,

How did you figure that out?  An expensive soil testing service or
something more economical and clever?

~gb