livingontheland - [Livingontheland] speaking of sheep/ New bunch of interested people

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: "TradingPostPaul" <tradingpost@riseup.net>
  • To: livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Livingontheland] speaking of sheep/ New bunch of interested people
  • Date: Sun, 28 May 2006 21:19:20 -0600

Here in the scrublands of New mexico, we're seeing the comeback of what could
become a most important meat and wool source in the lean years ahead - and
for very good reasons.
--------------
paul, tradingpost@riseup.net

Background and History of Navajo-Churro Sheep
http://www.recursos.org/sheepislife/history.html

About Navajo-Churro Sheep
http://www.bideaweefarm.com/ChurroInfo.htm

CASE STUDY: Transitioning to organic
Tierra Wools, Part I
Linking old traditions with contemporary enterprise
In the high range country of northern New Mexico, a community of ranchers,
shepherds and weavers has found new markets for the rare Navajo-Churro, a
400-year old sheep breed that was nearly lost for good

Entire article at
http://www.newfarm.org/features/2005/0905/tierrawools/gerard.shtml