livingontheland - [Livingontheland] Humble request...

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: reiner bohlen <rbohlen@yahoo.com>
  • To: livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Livingontheland] Humble request...
  • Date: Sun, 21 May 2006 12:20:53 -0700 (PDT)

Hi All,

I very much appreciate the knowledge that the participants on this list share, but have a humble request:

When replying to a message on the list, could you please, please, please just excerpt the *portion* to which you are replying rather than including the entire message or (God forbid) an entire 70k daily digest?  I often find the same messages showing up long after their original posting, living a sort of ghostly existence deeply embedded in replies to replies to replies.

I would love to continue to peruse the list and perhaps (after we open our organic-focused restaurant, which is soaking up all of our copius our free time) be an actual contributor.  But I find myself dreading the LOTL missives and the often significant task of separating the wheat from the redundant chaff.  I realize that I am but a single lurker, but offer up my request nonetheless on the chance that others are having a similarly difficult time navigating through the digests.

Many thanks for your consideration, and many more thanks for taking the time to share your experiences.

Reiner