livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] Humus - Understanding the Soil Processes

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: Soilsecrets@aol.com
  • To: livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] Humus - Understanding the Soil Processes
  • Date: Tue, 16 May 2006 21:12:41 EDT

In a message dated 5/14/2006 8:38:22 P.M. Mountain Standard Time, tradingpost@riseup.net writes:
It is impossible for man to produce stable humus synthetically.
This statement is absolutely incorrect and has been regurgitated time and time again on many web sites.  My staff and I have been producing vast volumes of humus for over a decade which we use as a carrier of the mutualistic root inhabiting microorganisms including the mycorrhizae.  Also, no fungi are found to be involved with the production of Humus either in nature or in our culturing environment at Soil Secrets.  The process seems to be strictly a bacterial added process.

Dr. Michael Martin Melendrez
Soil Secrets LLC
www.soilsecrets.com