livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] Permaculture courses

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: Steve Diver <steved@ipa.net>
  • To: Healthy soil and sustainable growing <livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] Permaculture courses
  • Date: Fri, 12 May 2006 10:33:22 -0500 (GMT-05:00)

In contrast to some of the curmudgeony attitudes about the
permaculture design course, I found it to be one of the most
dynamic experiences in ecological design, encompassing both
concepts and methods. We got outside every day with hands-on.

Every one of the two dozen people in attendance from 1993
has gone on to build sustainability in their lives and communities,
and beyond that, they enjoy what they do and approach life
with a positive attitude.

I have also helped organize and teach short weekend courses
on permaculture and they can be very practical for people to
attend.

I know a PC teacher who teaches much abbreviated
and less expense PC design courses over the course
of a few weekends.

There's more than one way to skin a catfish.

Steve Diver