livingontheland - [Livingontheland] Fowl Play in Bird Flu

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: "TradingPostPaul" <tradingpost@riseup.net>
  • To: livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Livingontheland] Fowl Play in Bird Flu
  • Date: Fri, 05 May 2006 22:14:12 -0600

I'm not posting this entire article because I don't want to get off topic
into debate about "bird flu". The point of Dr. Mae-Wan Ho's analysis is, the
scare is to help big poultry consolidate and run off small producers.

My money is on the small poultry operation, mom and pop or whatever. Animals
have a necessary role in the mixed-use homestead and food growing - living on
the land.

paul, tradingpost@riseup.net
---------------
The care of the Earth is our most ancient and most worthy, and after all our
most pleasing responsibility. To cherish what remains of it and to foster its
renewal is our only hope.
- Wendell Berry

Fowl Play in Bird Flu
entire article at
http://www.i-sis.org.uk/Fowl-Play-in-Bird-Flu.php

There is no evidence that wild migrating birds mixing with backyard flocks
spreads bird flu.
Transnational factory farms and the globalised trade in poultry products are
to blame.
Dr. Mae-Wan Ho

  • [Livingontheland] Fowl Play in Bird Flu, TradingPostPaul, 05/06/2006