livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] Doller value of own labor ( was Ethanol a net energy loss )

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: "TradingPostPaul" <tradingpost@riseup.net>
  • To: livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] Doller value of own labor ( was Ethanol a net energy loss )
  • Date: Wed, 03 May 2006 00:08:55 -0600

I'm not going to play word games here. I made it crystal clear that putting a
value on your own labor only matters when you're claiming a certain amount of
profit on a certain activity. I made it clear that it's misleading to claim
ethanol produces more energy than it takes to make it, IF they don't count
their own labor as a cost or energy input. Don't try to make it complicated.
For anyone intelligent enough to take part in this list, it's just not
possible to misunderstand this. I will not be baited into he-said-she-said
like you see on other lists.

Try to get back on topic. I don't want to block any posts, but this is
getting silly.

paul, tradingpost@riseup.net
The care of the Earth is our most ancient and most worthy, and after all our
most pleasing responsibility. To cherish what remains of it and to foster its
renewal is our only hope.
- Wendell Berry