livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] WOW!

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: Pat Meadows <pat@meadows.pair.com>
  • To: Healthy soil and sustainable growing <livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] WOW!
  • Date: Tue, 02 May 2006 07:53:42 -0400

On Mon, 1 May 2006 13:06:23 -0700 (PDT), you wrote:

> I have acquired a few 30 gallon aquariums that I can
>use to raise seedlings in.

I think there's a good possibility of your seedlings getting
moldy or getting a fungus and dying if you raise them in an
aquarium.

They need good air circulation - some people even point a
small fan at their seedlings and keep it running most of the
time. I don't use a fan, but my seedlings are on open
shelves in our living room and outdoors during the day once
the temperatures are above 40 F.

Everything else sounds great!

Pat
--
Gardening in northern Pennsylvania.

Eat local food, change the world for the better!