livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] Nitrogen behavior

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: "TradingPostPaul" <tradingpost@riseup.net>
  • To: livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] Nitrogen behavior
  • Date: Fri, 31 Mar 2006 20:46:58 -0700

I'd answer no. As for permaculture, my understanding is that, as developed
by Holmgren and Mollison, it's more a sustainable, integrated homestead
philosophy than a system for practical home food production. It takes money
and years to develop. I don't know of any actual demonstration models in this
country. If there are a few, then I'd have to ask what happened to all the
other people who've completed those high dollar permaculture seminars. Few
of them actually practice permaculture.

paul, tradingpost@riseup.net
The care of the Earth is our most ancient and most worthy, and after all our
most pleasing responsibility. To cherish what remains of it and to foster its
renewal is our only hope.
- Wendell Berry