livingontheland - [Livingontheland] Nitrogen behavior

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: Daniel Jenkins <medaniel@direcway.com>
  • To: Livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Livingontheland] Nitrogen behavior
  • Date: Fri, 31 Mar 2006 16:27:17 -0800

Hi there, I am a new poster who is just getting back in to gardening after many years. I have read several books now on permaculture and this is the direction I want to go, but I have only read, not been able to talk with anyone or see their gardens. I am hoping I can find someone in my area (Georgetown divide in California) who is knowledgeable and can take me under their wing! For now, I have the following question: If my garden area is on a hillside, and I plant black locust trees or other nitrogen fixers above the garden area, will the nitrogen they "produce" be able to "run" downhill to the garden area? Thank you all for any help you can give, Terry Jenkins