livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] geothermal heating and cooling

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: "Tradingpost" <tradingpost@gilanet.com>
  • To: livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] geothermal heating and cooling
  • Date: Sun, 26 Mar 2006 15:06:31 -0700

Sheltering livestock in a producing greenhouse will probably be a very bad
idea. Unless you plan to have them eat your produce. What you call geothermal
is called earth tubes. You wouldn't worry about condensation and mold unless
you're piping the air into your house. It's likely that scheme would use too
much electric or wouldn't damper your temperature swings enough to be worth
the expense. If it's too humid for swamp coolers in the summer heat, then
you're probably better off to time things like tomatoes to set fruit before
it gets up in the '80s because they set fruit best between 55-75 degrees
(night and day). Greenhouse or not we have to work with the seasons. It's
cheaper, isn't it?

paul, tradingpost@riseup.net