livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] apologies and a good book

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: "Tradingpost" <tradingpost@gilanet.com>
  • To: livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] apologies and a good book
  • Date: Thu, 14 Aug 2003 17:04:03 -0600

Hi, James and Rose. Ok, the floor is open ;-) We'll just see where folks go
with it. For my part, I think I'll be a resource for Web information on
specific topics. I'm trying to avoid the philosophical or political end of
things here. Kathy and I are experimenting with semi-arid gardening for the
first time, since our past experience is in East TX blackland clay and
coastal Maine (hers). My main interest right now is adapting to high desert
conditions. One thing we've found is we don't have the usual soil salts
problem where we are, but it takes a heckuva lot more composting than wetter
climates because of the lack of organic matter and natural fertility. Sucker
for a challenge --

I expect you've done some research on bees on the web, James. I have some
beekeeping resources on my page at http://globalcircle.net/fllivestock.htm .

The Internet Apiculture and Beekeeping Archive
http://www.ibiblio.org/bees/
Lots of Bee resources, Seven Hundred Great Places to Bee on the Web
http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/Beekeeping/weblinks.htm
Beehoo, world beekeeping directory
http://www.beehoo.com/
Hobbyist Beekeeping Course
http://www.beemaster.com/honeybee/beehome.htm

There's an interesting beekeeping site from Gordon Solberg here in NM at
http://www.zianet.com/sunmountain/ .

paul tradingpost@gilanet.com

--Henry David Thoreau

That is well said, replied Candide, but we must cultivate our garden.
--Voltaire [Francois-Marie Arouet] Candide