livingontheland - [Livingontheland] NewFarm.Org

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: "Tradingpost" <tradingpost@gilanet.com>
  • To: livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Livingontheland] NewFarm.Org
  • Date: Fri, 08 Nov 2002 06:44:52 -0700

http://www.newfarm.org/newfarm/newsletter/1002/generalletter_online.shtml

NewFarm.Org is on-line, beginning its quest to support the growth of
regenerative agriculture worldwide. It builds on the legacy of the late New
Farm magazine (1979-1995) by facilitating "farmer-to-farmer know-how from
the Rodale Institute."

We will:
* Bring you the voices of farmers, researchers and
citizen-consumers
from throughout the U.S., Canada, Japan and beyond.
* Provide fresh writing of innovation on farms and in communities.
Stories of change, hope, disappointment and hard choices. Analysis that
counts all the costs.
* Guide producers through the conversion to biologically based and
certified organic growing methods - and to markets that reward farming that
builds communities.
* Cover the news and uncover the hype as more and more challenges
industrial food production succeed in creating new opportunities for
socially responsible entrepreneurs in agriculture.
* Speak to all parts of your brain all the time, rounding out the
"how-to" with the "why-to" in writings from venerable leaders, grassroots
heroes and rowdy upstarts who are shaping the new agriculture around the
world.
* Collaborate to help readers find the best information available
as
close to home as they can find it. We'll link to effective groups of any
size doing great work with their constituencies to create vibrant local and
regional food systems.

As we gear up for a formal launch in January, we're posting
material
now that we just can't hold back.

In our first "Fresh Today at NewFarm.Org" e-update, you'll find
direct links to our new postings. These include: The Pig Page (marketing
happy hogs and fighting factory farms); cover crops in crop rotation
overview; the first in a series of four profiles on innovative Iowa
farmers;
Roland Bunch on tropical agriculture; Dr. E. Ann Clark on the new
agriculture; Hog Summit 2003 in Pennsylvania; Joel Salatin processing
chickens; Alan Guebert with "The Final Word"; and Jeff Ishee on keeping
"family" in the family farm-while you still can.

Find these and other items at:

http://www.newfarm.org/newfarm/newsletter/1002/generalletter_online.shtml

And don't forget to write.

Greg

Greg Bowman, online editor
www.NewFarm.Org
611 Siegfriedale Road
Kutztown PA 19530
610.683.1470 greg.bowman@rodaleinst.org
<mailto:greg.bowman@rodaleinst.org

  • [Livingontheland] NewFarm.Org, Tradingpost, 11/08/2002