livingontheland - [Livingontheland] Wildcrafting herbs guide

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: "Tradingpost" <tradingpost@gilanet.com>
  • To: livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Livingontheland] Wildcrafting herbs guide
  • Date: Fri, 08 Nov 2002 06:51:56 -0700

Wildcrafting is just one sideline for local herbalists or homesteaders. We
have
a knowledgeable herbalist a mile from us and she does practice sensible
wildcrafting. She markets her work at flea markets, local secondhand stores,
even the FFA shed at the county fairs. This is one of the better articles on
the subject.

paul & barb on the Continental Divide
http://globalcircle.net
_________________

Wildcrafting for Beginners
By Howie Brounstein

Wildcrafting, or gathering plant material from its native "wild" environment
is
becoming very popular. Many local herbalists and wildcrafters are concerned
about damage to our resources. A well-trained wildcrafter should never damage
or deplete our inheritance from nature. A few actually intend to damage the
environment for personal gain, but those folks will not be swayed by one
article on the internet. The majority of the wildcrafters are looking for a
way
to connect with nature for the day, have fun, and finish with some plants for
food, medicine, fiber, or art. These wildcrafting guidelines are for you.

Full article at http://www.chamomiletimes.com/articles/wildcrafting.htm

  • [Livingontheland] Wildcrafting herbs guide, Tradingpost, 11/08/2002