labruscagrape - Re: [OFEX] Scionwood plus Apples of Versailles, and a few misc questions.

labruscagrape@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Ontario Fruit Explorers

  • From: John Barbowski <jbarbowski@hotmail.com>
  • To: Ontario Fruit Explorers <labruscagrape@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [OFEX] Scionwood plus Apples of Versailles, and a few misc questions.
  • Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2008 20:48:15 +0000

Hello Bizmark,

You're right, rootstocks are at a premium. I was scanning the various sources last fall. I then went back to Bill Walsh; he too was having some difficulty. At the 11th hour, he found a source in the states that would meet the various regulations and he placed an order. He said he could supply the limited quantity I was after. I assume they will be coming sometime in the future. I was searching for the email in which he stated what he was getting - but alas - 'tis gone. I believe there were rootstocks for both pears (quince and something else) and apples (definitely Bud 9 and ???).

I don't know what surplus he has - if any. When I was after Pixie Crunch, he referred me to you as a possible source, so I am sure you are aware of him as a contact.

Thanks again for the scions; whatever you have is appreciated.

jb

From: biz.storms@sympatico.ca

Who have you managed to secure Bud 9 from? Traas Rootstock out in BC retired, so it has been very slim pickings from what I hear.