labruscagrape - [OFEX] Seed Saving - off topic

labruscagrape@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Ontario Fruit Explorers

  • From: "Thomas Olenio" <tolenio@sentex.net>
  • To: "OFEX" <labruscagrape@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [OFEX] Seed Saving - off topic
  • Date: Sun, 7 Jan 2007 15:58:49 -0500

Hello All,

This is not fruit related but I have a gardening question…

I just bought some great tasting sweet red peppers from Food Basics.  The seeds are plump and look great.

Having never saved seeds, will these produce peppers next season in my garden, anything like the peppers I bought this week?

No idea of variety, but “sheep’s nose” best describes the shape.  They are full sized, red, sweet peppers.

Do sterile seeds like plump and full sized (if it is a hybrid)?

Just curious.

Later,