labruscagrape - [OFEX] FW: Christmas Cookies

labruscagrape@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Ontario Fruit Explorers

  • From: "Biz Storms" <biz.storms@sympatico.ca>
  • To: "'Ontario Fruit Explorers'" <labruscagrape@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [OFEX] FW: Christmas Cookies
  • Date: Thu, 28 Dec 2006 09:59:49 -0500

Hi Everyone,

In my other life I am an avid quilter – and most folks think quilters are rather  …  tame.

I just had to forward a recent Christmas email from a fellow quilter, which not only goes to disprove this notion, but provides a good chuckle.

I’m heading out to the orchard to start gathering scionwood whilst the ground is still clear of snow and before the bruising winter winds start to try and freeze-dry everything.

We found a good window in those warmer days mid-December to apply another spray of Plantskydd, which is helping to keep those blasted deer away. Many neighbours have had their cedars and fruits trees power-chomped by deer the last few weeks, while some fellow “plantskydding” orchardists have merely had the tips of some branches “tasted” by the eating machines, and then they have moved on to tastier things. Fortunately, no sign of jackrabbits and the voles are all still underground. This may be the result of the strong presence of wolves, which are quite audible at night.

Happy holidays to everyone.

Hopefully the snow will soon arrive to provide insulation and protection against the hard winds.

Cheers, Bizmark.

Ps Thanks for the seeds, Tom. They definitely look a little worse for wear – but we will just have to see.

Christmas Tequila Cookies

1 cup dark brown sugar
1 cup (two sticks) butter
1 cup granulated sugar
4 large eggs
2 cups dried fruit (dried cranberries or raisins)
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
1 cup coarsely chopped walnuts or pecans
2 cups all purpose flour
1 bottle Jose Cuervo Tequila (silver or gold, as desired)

First, sample the Cuervo to check quality.
Take a large bowl.

Check the Cuervo to be sure it is of the highest quality.
Pour another 4 ounces in a measuring cup and drink.
Turn on the electric mixer.
Beat one cup of the butter in a large fluffy bowl.
Add one teaspoon sugar. Beat again.

At this point, it is best to make sure the Cuervo is still OK.

Try another 4 ounces, just in case.
Turn off the mixerer thingy.

Break two leggs and add to the bowl and chuck in the cup of dried fruit, picking the frigging fruit off the floor.
Mix on the turner.

If the fried druit gets stuck in the beaterers, just pry it loose with a screwdriver.

Sample the Cuervo to check for tonsisticity.
Next, sift 2 cups of salt or something.
Check the Jose Cuervo.
Now shift the lemon juice and strain your nuts.
Add one table.
Add a spoon of sugar, or somefink. Whatever you can find.
Greash the oven.

Turn the cake tin 360 degrees and try not to fall over.
Don't forget to beat off the turner.

Finally, throw the bowl through the window, finish the Cose Juervo and make sure to put the stove in the dishwasher.

Cherry Mistmas

This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to which they are addressed.
If you have received this email in error please notify the Diageo Servicedesk on +44 (0) 131 319 6000

This footnote also confirms that this email has been scanned for all viruses by the Messagelabs SkyScan service.

http://www.diageo.com

  • [OFEX] FW: Christmas Cookies, Biz Storms, 12/28/2006