labruscagrape - Re: [OFEX] Grafting and addresses for Ashmead's Scionwood.

labruscagrape@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Ontario Fruit Explorers

  • From: "Thomas Olenio" <tolenio@sentex.net>
  • To: "'Ontario Fruit Explorers'" <labruscagrape@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [OFEX] Grafting and addresses for Ashmead's Scionwood.
  • Date: Mon, 11 Dec 2006 08:45:13 -0500

-----Original Message-----
From: labruscagrape- Behalf Of Biz Storms
Sent: Sunday, December 10, 2006 11:11 PM
To: 'Ontario Fruit Explorers'

Hi Tom,

What a wonderful read this link provides. Now that everyone has crashed for
the night ( rowers and their families usually opt for early nights! ) I have
grabbed a new pack of paper, set the printer on draft format and started to
print book XV.

==============

Hi,

It was these same "ancients" that convinced me that "global warming" was a
bunch of hooey.

The Romans reported global warming before the birth of Christ. Areas of
Italy that were too cool for grapes, became warmer and began producing
bumper crops of grapes.

I think they blamed it on too many people wearing sandals. Ha, ha, ha!

If I dig it out I will post it. I think it was Columella who wrote about
it, but it could have been Pliny the Elder, or Cato.

Later,