labruscagrape - Re: [OFEX] Campanino Apple

labruscagrape@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Ontario Fruit Explorers

  • From: "Thomas Olenio" <tolenio@sentex.net>
  • To: "Ontario Fruit Explorers" <labruscagrape@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [OFEX] Campanino Apple
  • Date: Thu, 02 Nov 2006 16:17:04 -0500

Biz,

Every ancient apple I find is a late bloomer. It never hurst to try.

But I am also afraid that ancient apples are susceptible to powdery mildew. The medditeranian is not known for being cool and damp. This is a guess on my part, because my Court Pendu Plat suffers so badly from it. But i live in a cool damp river valley.

My Friend in Italy writes this today;

"Ho molti semi annurche qui a casa dopo invio il tutto pianta casa e semi meli annurche le ho portate da Prata Sannita questa sera sono molto stanco viaggio ma ho le mele????????? con mè? semi fra poco invio a tè mele"

Basicly he has lot of Annurca seeds for me.

I have a gallon jar of Balsamic aging in the cupboard. It has a piece of oak in it, with a cloth covering. It has been a year now. I should taste it. The cupboard smells good when I open it.

Did you know in Europe balsamic clubs are as common as winemaking clubs here.

Later,
Tom