labruscagrape - [OFEX] Campanino Apple

labruscagrape@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Ontario Fruit Explorers

  • From: "Biz Storms" <biz.storms@sympatico.ca>
  • To: "Labruscagrape@Lists. Ibiblio. Org" <labruscagrape@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [OFEX] Campanino Apple
  • Date: Thu, 2 Nov 2006 20:39:47 +0000 GMT

Hey Tom,
This is likely up your alley. Whilst pouring over apple listings I discovered
the Campanino apple.
According to the New Book of Apples, by Morgan and Richards, it is Italian,
an old variety known since the late 19C, probably arose Modena. ( My favorite
source for Balsamic! ) Sweet yet sharp, pleasant, but not intense taste in
January with firm flesh.
Does this ring any bells with you. I know that Annurca and Decio are ancients
- but is this also an ancient or just antique?
Would you add it to a list for collecting? It has a hardiness rating of T2
and is a late bloomer. That's about all it says.
Suggestions?
Cheers. Bizmark.
Sent via BlackBerry on the Bell Mobility network