labruscagrape - Re: [OFEX] powdery mildew on court pendu plat

labruscagrape@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Ontario Fruit Explorers

  • From: "Thomas Olenio" <tolenio@sentex.net>
  • To: "Ontario Fruit Explorers" <labruscagrape@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [OFEX] powdery mildew on court pendu plat
  • Date: Mon, 24 Jul 2006 09:40:12 -0400

Hi,

I have seen a large increase in thistle the past couple of years. Even attempting to come up in the lawn.

Tom

On Mon, 24 Jul 2006 09:05:47 -0400, Biz Storms <biz.storms@sympatico.ca> wrote:

Hi Tom
I will have a look at your pictures when back in the city tonight. The powdery mildew is starting to arrive here. It has shown up on just the Golden Nugget so far. We have also had lots of young deer roaming around. There are far more this year than I can remember for previous years. We are even seeing them late afternoon. Not in multiples but just one at a time. It is likely the same deer in our vicinity. We have started to call him Oscar. Thank goodness the Plantskydd is working. Many of my apple neighbours are having their trees "pruned" in the last week. Three dogs, fences and Plantskydd have been protecting us so far.

Aside from enough blackberries to sink a ship, the only remaining crop that showing in great numbers is the thistles. They are everywhere. Yanking them every day that we are here.

Cheers. Bizmark
Sent via BlackBerry on the Bell Mobility network