labruscagrape - Re: [OFEX] grape cuttings

labruscagrape@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Ontario Fruit Explorers

  • From: "bert dunn" <helbert@idirect.com>
  • To: "Ontario Fruit Explorers" <labruscagrape@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [OFEX] grape cuttings
  • Date: Tue, 15 Nov 2005 08:44:02 -0500

Hi Tom, just a thought
Consider wrapping the burlap in strips around the trunk tightly so that
brother mouse does not crawl underneath for a mid-winter snack. To hold the
burlap in place, one could then put one of the plastic spiral wraps or small
hole chicked wire on the outside. Watch that the wrap/chick wire goes below
ground level. The burlap, plastic wrap may make a fair wind break.
Cheers Bert
p.s. No comment on your cuttings for spring. Think of all those DINB's
waiting for your pots.

Sent: Tuesday, November 15, 2005 7:55 AM