labruscagrape - Re: [OFEX] Harrow Tour

labruscagrape@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Ontario Fruit Explorers

  • From: "Thomas Olenio" <tolenio@sentex.net>
  • To: "Ontario Fruit Explorers" <labruscagrape@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [OFEX] Harrow Tour
  • Date: Sat, 24 Sep 2005 05:04:52 -0400

Hi Biz,

That is terrible news.

Advice... Black Currant juice, all you can stand to drink throughout the day.

Why you ask....?

Research has shown that black currant juice has an antiviral affect. It not only deters virus release from infected cells, it limits the virus's ability to penetrate new cell. This significantly limits the course of the flu.

This is valid research, not just commercial wild goose story.

===
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/query.fcgi?cmd=Retrieve&db=PubMed&list_uids=11885927&dopt=Abstract

Activity of anthocyanins from fruit extract of Ribes nigrum L. against influenza A and B viruses.

Knox YM, Hayashi K, Suzutani T, Ogasawara M, Yoshida I, Shiina R, Tsukui A, Terahara N, Azuma M.
Department of Microbiology, Asahikawa Medical College, Japan. yokoknox@pacbell.net

..."Anthocyanins in the fraction F' did not
directly inactivate influenza viruses A and B,
but they inhibited virus absorption to cells
and also virus release from infected cells."
===

You can buy Ribena black currant concentrate at Zehrs in the juice isle. You can buy Hortex black currant juice at Food Basics (and all euro markets), in the juice isle.

I have only seen the Hortex product in 1L juice box style containers with the labels in Polish at Food Basics.

Hope you feel better.

Later,
Tom