labruscagrape - Re: [OFEX] Harrow Tour

labruscagrape@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Ontario Fruit Explorers

  • From: "Biz Storms" <biz.storms@sympatico.ca>
  • To: "Ontario Fruit Explorers" <labruscagrape@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [OFEX] Harrow Tour
  • Date: Fri, 23 Sep 2005 21:07:23 -0400

Hi Everyone,

After avoiding our daughter for days to avoid getting her hacking cough and world class head cold, the "&*(@(*&*%@)" germs made contact and I have now succumbed. To say that I am contagious, sick and not fit for company, is an understatement. It is with great regret and enormous frustration that I will not be able to join in on the tour tomorrow. I had hoped to rally, but that's not in the cards. I'm hoping to perhaps make a week-day visit and go on a self-guided tour if visitors are allowed the week after Thanksgiving. Any chance of that, Margie? Have lots of fun, and enjoy whatever you get a chance to taste.

Margie, on a slightly different topic, the budwood you sent to me grafted beautifully, with the exception of the Pink Pearl. Only two out of eight grafts on M.26 were successful, and two out of five on P.22. All else came through with lots of vigor. I also grafted at a time when the biodynamic rhythms were supportive of grafting, if you're into that sort of thing.

Enjoy the tour and the great weather tomorrow. Cheers, Bizmark.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Thomas Olenio" <tolenio@sentex.net>