labruscagrape - [OFEX] Shipping Mistake

labruscagrape@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Ontario Fruit Explorers

  • From: "Thomas Olenio" <tolenio@sentex.net>
  • To: "labruscagrape@lists.ibiblio.org" <labruscagrape@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [OFEX] Shipping Mistake
  • Date: Wed, 25 May 2005 16:08:52 -0400

Hello All,

Vesey's made a mistake and sent me someone else's order. They do not want it back, and I cannot use at least 2 of the items.

My guess is they will have to be container grown, or become an invasive plant;

3 Chocolate vines (invasive)
http://hortiplex.gardenweb.com/plants/jour/p/36/gw1001036/19021993176201.jpeg
USDA hardiness zone 5a

1 Dutchman's Pipe (invasive)
http://www.tradewindsfruit.com/dutchmans_pipe.jpg
USDA hardiness zone 8a (not hardy in my zone)

Both vines will grow 20-30 feet a year and cover any structure. I call that an invasive weed. (smile) Although the flowers are unusual.

I can container grow them for the season and give them to any takers when we meet at Harrow in September. These vines may work better in a container that can be moved for winter protection and plant size management.

Let me know if you want anything, otherwise I burn it.

Later,