labruscagrape - Re: [LabruscaGrape] Concord wine - Adj. SG

labruscagrape@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Ontario Fruit Explorers

  • From: Thomas Olenio <tolenio@sentex.net>
  • To: labruscagrape@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [LabruscaGrape] Concord wine - Adj. SG
  • Date: Mon, 10 Feb 2003 15:25:02 -0500

Hello All,

I would like to know which varieties of labrusca grapes people are using,
and the results they are getting with them.

This season I will starting some Isabella and Alwood cuttings, with a hope
of a meaningful crop in 3-4 years.

Alwood was suggested to me by a table grape expert as a good choice for a
fruity aromatic wine. Isabella is supposed to have strawberry aromatics.

Alwood image;
http://www.weeksberry.com/img/alwood.jpg
Alwood is supposed to be cold hardy and disease resitant.

Let me know your preferences.

Later,
Tom
===